Five finalists will be selected at International Centre for Culinary Arts in Dubai for a live cook off at the Hospitality Chef Awards Night on 24th May 2021 at Dusit Thani Dubai.
Raj Bhatt, Founder and CEO, Hozpitality group said, this is a free culinary competition and is open to all Young chefs, 28 years old and below as on 24th May 2021. The first round was judged based on the dish picture and recipe provided by email. A team of Worldchefs Judges adjudicated and finalized the 22 shortlists based on the recipe and dish picture to move Semi Final cook off at ICCA Dubai.
The list of selected chefs for the Semi-Finals
- Suraji Sivadas, Waldorf Astoria Dubai
- Ijas CK, Commis Chef, Ellora by Vikas Khanna
- Sanjay Singh Saud, Caesars Bluewaters
- Saraj Mohamad, Seventh Avenue Cafe(Ras Al Khaimah)
- Lekhnath Thapaliya, Emirates Flight Catering
- Namal Dissanayake, Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites
- Hanggi Setya, Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites
- Farhan Memon, Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites
- Ankit Tariyal, Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach
- Lucky Chaudhary, ADDRESS DOWNTOWN
- Lejorn Hill, Paramount Hotel Dubai
- Sai Krishna Vamsi, Fairmont the Palm, Dubai
- Kamal Maharjan, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Waterfront
- Naresh Bhatt, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Waterfront
- Umesh, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Waterfront
- Tarun Mehrotra, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Waterfront
- Saumya, Hilton Dubai Jumeirah
- Nipun De Silva, Hilton Dubai Jumeirah
- Bombuwala Dewage Sajith Samarayanake, Armani Hotel Dubai
- Kiran Aryal, Jumeirah Al Naseem
- Janith, Address Beach Resort
- Govind, Address Beach Resort
“The result is judged based on creativity, balance of the Ingredients, flavours and presentation,” said Chef Uwe Micheel, President Emirates Culinary Guild. A team of Worldchefs Judges shall adjudicate in all rounds following the Worldchefs Judging guidelines for practical cookery classes, Uwe added.
“The main aim of the activity is to develop the young chefs in UAE so that they can learn and benefit,” said Chef Uwe Micheel, President Emirates Culinary Guild. For the 1st Round, we had received recipes and based on the creation a list of shortlisted chefs was chosen to cook at ICCA Semi Finals. The chosen finalists will then battle out at the Award night for the prestigious ‘Young Chef of the Year Trophy'”, added Chef Uwe.
The Hozpitality Excellence Awards are for Chefs working within:
- Airlines (Domestic & international)
- Restaurants (freestanding or in hotels)
- Facilities Management Companies